Monday, April 21, 2008

The Theater, The Theater


Our family loves the theater! This weekend we had our parent-child dates. Len took Noe out on Friday night, and I took Kaleb out on Saturday night to see the Middle School's production of "Oz." It was absolutely amazing! The acting, singing, and dancing talent in these 11-13 year olds was phenomenal. The pit orchestra was wonderful too, along with the gorgeous costumes and sets. When I was growing up we didn't even have plays until High School. Back then I loved watching the shows, but was too shy to ever audition. However, Len was in several plays while growing up. I want to encourage our children to try anything that they want to, and not let their shyness get in the way of it. I asked Noe which character she would like to be: Dorothy, Glinda the Good Witch, or the Wicked Witch of the West? She said she would like to be Dorothy because she wears ruby slippers. I asked Kaleb if he would like to be: Scarecrow, Tin Woodsman, Cowardly Lion, Toto, or Oz? He said he wants to be Toto because he got to karate chop all of the fighting trees. Good thing Kaleb is going to take Kung Fu next year. Seeing this musical made me want to see "Wicked" even more now!


Last year the Middle School did "No Strings Attached- The Story of Pinocchio." Cricket and Blues Fairy (who was the Wicked Witch this year) were outstanding. I still have the chorus "Hey boy, hey boy get your feet off the floor don't act so coy. Hey boy, hey boy get your feet off the floor let's go!" stuck in my head!

1 comment:

suzi said...

Let's go see wicked when you come out here. Are you kidding me? I am dying to see it.