Our first four days of spring break were filled with rain. The kids did have fun play days though with Makenna, Abby, Julia, and Sophie each day. Len had Friday off for Tomb Sweeping Day, and since we are fresh air junkies we decided to escape the concrete jungle that is Taipei and head to Sun Moon Lake. We had a fabulous time and I will make posts of our little adventures. But it took us 6 hours to drive 160 miles! (Last year we took the high-speed train to Kaohsiung, but now we know that this is the most traveled weekend of the year here, so maybe next year we'll fly to Kenting.) During that LONG time on the road I thought of some things that I don't have pictures of, but that I want to remember, so here goes:
- The beautiful palm tree FORESTS are amazing!
- The workers in the rice paddies really wear triangle-shaped hats.
- I want to follow the freeway sign to "Little dingdang" someday.
- How many bikini-clad betel nut sales girls do you really need on one street?
- On tomb sweeping day the tombs are actually littered with lots of yellow ghost money.
- Taiwan has got to have some of the craziest/reckless drivers in the world!
- I REALLY don't like the smell of stinky tofu.
- I love the bush that smells like peaches though!
I had us each choose 2 CD's to help us pass the time. The big kids still quarreled and the parents still lost their tempers and Gavin hated his carseat, but for the most part we all did pretty well traveling through the parking lot of the freeway. Anyway, here's another list of the CD's we brought and I was wondering what's your favorite music to listen to on road trips?
Len= U2, The best of 1980-1990; Dido, Life for Rent.
Jen= U2, The best of 1990-2000; Fiona Apple, Tidal.
Kaleb= Jim Valley, Friendship Train; Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry Jams.
Noe= High School Musical Soundtrack; High School Musical 2 Soundtrack.
Gavin= Kindermusik, Cock-a-doodle-MOO; Inside Out, Sharing Time.
Len is now in Thailand for work, and I'm already planning our next trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment