Friday, November 14, 2008

An Ariel and Cinderella Day


This morning I took Noe to her friend Makenna's birthday party. The party was themed around the Little Mermaid and it was so cute. First, with the invitations they were delivered in little ziploc baggies filled with sand and seashells too. When we first arrived at the party, each little girl was given a mermaid tail skirt, and a tropical flower for her hair, they were just darling! They played some Under the Sea games, and then they watched the new movie "Ariel's Beginning." We had lunch afterwards followed by a beautiful mermaid cake. Makenna opened her gifts, and then she passed out cute seahorse goodie bags that Amanda (her mom) had sewn too. Kaleb and Noe have always had their birthday parties together, so we've done general birthday themes. However, when they turn 8, I think we'll have seperate boy & girl parties, because I'm just itching to throw a girlie-girl party for Noe, and it would be fun to throw a boys only party for Kaleb too.


In the afternoon I took Kaleb and Noe to see the Upper School's dance production of "Cinderella ...with a twist." I originally thought it would be a good mommy/daughter date, but Kaleb told me he didn't want to miss any of the school plays. Even though this was dance, he still didn't want to miss it. It was a modern dance interpretation of the classic tale set in modern times. The kids enjoyed it, but I think they had more fun sitting with their best friend, Minji. I really enjoyed it, I just love dance! There were over 50 performers, and 1/4 of them were boys. When I was in high school, so much of my identity was wrapped up in dance- Cheerleading, Spectrum, Dance Festival- I really miss it. Right now, Noe loves to dance, and I love to watch her. I have to admit that part of me hopes she will want to stick with it through out her life, because it is fun living vicariously through her- ha ha. Maybe someday, she and I can take a dance class together.

1 comment:

Nathan and Leone Grimley said...

I love my boys, but just listening to all the girliness of the party makes me wish for a girl!! You are so lucky!