Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 2- The Gospel


I'm so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I don't want this post to come off as preachy in anyway, but the gospel has been such a blessing in my life that I can't exclude it. When you know where you've come from and where you're going it gives this life incredible meaning. That's not to say life has always been blissful. I've had my share of struggles, tragedy, and depression. However, the gospel has given me the proper perspective to make it through these challenges. I know I am not alone. I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I know my Savior, Jesus Christ atoned for my sins and that I can be made whole. I know the Holy Ghost can give me comfort when the world offers distress. My faith has made me who I am and I know my life has purpose.


I'm grateful to have a prophet on the earth to lead and guide us. President Thomas S. Monson is a man of God and gives wise counsel that will bless us if we follow it.


I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon. Like the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible, it is another Testament of Jesus Christ. When I read this book I learn more about Him and how I can live my life to bring me happiness.


I'm grateful for the beautiful Temples all over the earth. It is beautiful and sacred to worship inside them. I'm so grateful that through the ordinances performed there that families can be together forever. Isn't that what Heaven should be? To someday return to my Father in Heaven surrounded by my family is my heart's greatest desire.

No comments: