Earlier in the year I wrote this post showing the bedding I bought for our new master bedroom and for Noe. This weekend I was finally able to purchase the bedding for the 3 little boys now that we know their sleeping arrangements in our new house. Kaleb will get the red and blue set shown, and now this post is about my dilemma with Gavin and Teague's.
I was inspired by the beautiful colors in this crib set- turquoise, lime, brown, and tan. However, I couldn't find any twin bedding to coordinate with it.

Next I tried Etsy. I found a girl who makes custom crib bedding and she would make up a coordinating twin set for me too. I loved the paisley & stripe patterns and the brown chenille. Unfortunately, the cost was about double of what I had planned to spend.
I decided to check out Penney's again (since that's where I bought everything else, and they were having another amazing sale).
I was inspired by the beautiful colors in this crib set- turquoise, lime, brown, and tan. However, I couldn't find any twin bedding to coordinate with it.

Next I tried Etsy. I found a girl who makes custom crib bedding and she would make up a coordinating twin set for me too. I loved the paisley & stripe patterns and the brown chenille. Unfortunately, the cost was about double of what I had planned to spend.
I decided to check out Penney's again (since that's where I bought everything else, and they were having another amazing sale).
I found this darling Jungle Tales crib set that has the lime and turquoise in it, so I still should be able to paint the walls in those two colors. I could also paint up a giraffe for Gavin and a tiger for Teague with cute polka dot and stripe borders.
Now came the hard part- trying to find a coordinating twin set for Gavin. I looked at every single quilt, comforter, bedspread, etc. in the kids and teens and found nada! I was about ready to give up when I thought I should check the adult bedding. Voila! I found the following and it comes in twin sizing.

Since it was on sale and I had a coupon to use on top of the sale prices I went ahead and got the above two sets. I thought they would coordinate fairly well together- they both have the green, blue, rust, and tan. However, now I'm not sure if I have buyer's remorse. The colors in the twin set aren't as vibrant and I think it's a little too grown-up for a 2 year old- I like whimsical stuff when they're young. My husband told me that he thinks the room will look great when I put it all together and that I should be happy because it's one less thing to worry about. I am worrying more though! I just love the stuff I got for Kaleb and Noe and I want to love Gavin and Teague's just as much. What do you think? Should I keep it, or send it back and try again? Do you know any good places to find coordinating crib and twin bedding? (I've already tried Target, Wal-Mart, Zeller's, Pottery Barn Kids, Garnet Hill Kids, Land's End, Company Kids, Land of Nod, Overstock.com, Burlington Coat Factory, Pine Creek Bedding and Bombay Kids-ugh!)

Since it was on sale and I had a coupon to use on top of the sale prices I went ahead and got the above two sets. I thought they would coordinate fairly well together- they both have the green, blue, rust, and tan. However, now I'm not sure if I have buyer's remorse. The colors in the twin set aren't as vibrant and I think it's a little too grown-up for a 2 year old- I like whimsical stuff when they're young. My husband told me that he thinks the room will look great when I put it all together and that I should be happy because it's one less thing to worry about. I am worrying more though! I just love the stuff I got for Kaleb and Noe and I want to love Gavin and Teague's just as much. What do you think? Should I keep it, or send it back and try again? Do you know any good places to find coordinating crib and twin bedding? (I've already tried Target, Wal-Mart, Zeller's, Pottery Barn Kids, Garnet Hill Kids, Land's End, Company Kids, Land of Nod, Overstock.com, Burlington Coat Factory, Pine Creek Bedding and Bombay Kids-ugh!)
*On a happy note, after 9 days my husband will be home shortly before midnight tonight- yea! I'll then be able to upload pictures again and get caught up on here.
My friend Lois suggested I make throw pillows for Gavin's bed with the animals from Teague's bedding. They sell wall art made out of fabric that will be perfect for me to just applique onto some little pillows. I'm excited now!



6 comments:
Jennifer, I love the bedding you found. I hope you are having so much fun planning....and now doing!I think if you made some pillows for gavin trimmed in the animals of Teagues it would be so cute. Maybe buy an extra crib sheet and put a stripe of it on Gavins pillow case.Maybe you could find some cute monkey pillow or something also instead of the "adult" looking accent pillows.The comforter looks perfect though, and in a twin size it will look like they were meant to go together.Don't take it back...you did great!Lo
I received the above comment in an e-mail. I went back to the crib bedding and found 3 "wall art" pictures made out of fabric. I'm going to applique them on to throw pillows. I'm so excited! Thanks for the ideas Lo!
On the bedding you ordered.... are you able to send it back after you receive it? I know some places give you 14 days to ship back at no cost. I have done that before. I think I found something I love and then after I think about it I worry. But when it comes in and I can see if face to face it always helps me to make my decision... I hope you are able to do the same!
So what about a solid for the twin quilt in brown, denim or a neutral then dress it with the pillows and a couple xtra bed pillows or a Euro sham in the turquose or orange. When you get them and see them you'll know- trust your instinct!
I think that that is so COOL! We are moving but not like that! we are just moving to a different ward and city! you are moving to a different COUNTRY! that bedding is so COOL
Ooh! Those are awesome! Spacify offers Twin Bedding and more at reasonable prices.
Post a Comment