May 3rd marked our 12th wedding anniversary! I found this meme on my friend's blog for Valentine's Day and I wanted to do it here in honor of our anniversary. Hope you enjoy!
1. Where did you first meet your husband?

The very first week of school Freshman year at BYU while Spider-sniffing (if you want to know what that is I'll let you know, I just thought it was a good excuse to meet boys- I was right!) However, we didn't see each other again until a month later when my roommates set me up on a blind-date with him for our dorm's Buddy Ball dance. We were pretty much inseparable after that.
2. How long did you date?

From the time we first met until we were married almost 4 years passed. However, in that time he served a 2 year mission for our church in France. So- we dated a year, he went on his mission (where I waited the first year, and then dated the second- tee hee), and then we dated almost another year before we tied the knot.
3. How long have you been married?

Twelve months, I mean twelve years. We still feel like newlyweds though!
4. What does he do that surprises you?
My husband is very romantic and brings me flowers often for no reason at all.
5. What is your favorite feature of his?
I could say his beautiful blue eyes, his mischievous smile, his tender hands, but I'll go with his bum- tee hee. It looks great in a pair of Levi's! (And Len, your crooked toes are great too!)
6. What is his best quality?
He has lots of great qualities, but the boy is seriously SMART! He is a walking encyclopedia. I can ask him any random question about any subject and 99% of the time he has the answer. I've only stumped him a very few times.
7. Does he have a nickname for you?

He is a bee charmer (his family has raised bees for over 500 years and he wants to take it up when he retires) and I am of course, his "honey." He also calls me "Jenny" and "Miss Pelula" is another nickname...
8. What is his favorite food?

For breakfast I'd say french toast, dinner- fajitas, snack- Ruffles with french onion dip, dessert- carrot cake (we haven't had that in too long), but I'd have to say his all time favorite is good ol' peanut butter and jelly (or as he calls it jam) sandwiches. He could seriously eat them every day for lunch!
9. What is his favorite sport?

Halloween 1993, however, it was on a Sunday that year. That evening we went tunnel singing (you BYU alumni will know what that is). Anyway, he walked me home afterwards and held my hand for the first time. After we got to my dorm he didn't want to say goodnight yet, so we sat on the grass on a hill behind the building. We talked for a good while longer and we decided we needed to call it a night. Then before I knew it he leaned over and kissed me. I had to pay my roommates in ice cream afterwards. I think the flavor I chose was Goo-goo cluster- yummy!
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?

We love to walk and talk. We love enjoying the fresh air and nature and holding hands. As our children joined us we pushed strollers, and now we hold our big kids hands and push our littler ones in strollers. If the weather's not nice then we'll take it inside a mall. It's just nice to walk and talk and take our time.
12. Do you have children?

We have 7 year old twins Kaleb & Noe, our 2 year old Gavin, and our newborn Teague. We hope we're blessed with more too.
13. Does he have hidden talents?

I'll keep his "hidden" talents to myself thank you. But I will say he's a great kisser!
14. How old is he?

33 going on 34. We met when we were 18 and we said when we were 36 we'd have known each other for as long as we didn't know each other. That seemed forever a way. Now it's just around the corner!
15. Who said I love you first?

He did! After we had only been dating for a couple of weeks. We were walking on campus and out of the blue he said, "I just love you. But I'm not ready to pick out curtains or anything yet." I was thinking, "Did he really just say he loved me? Whoa! That was fast!" But I had to ask about the curtains reference. Apparently it's from "Aladdin." We watched that movie several times that year.
16. What is his favorite music?

I'm more into music than he is. I like to listen, he likes to talk- tee hee. However, he does have a few favorites- Loreena McKennitt, Enya, and everything classical. He prefers the quiet stuff, where I prefer the loud stuff. Luckily, we both love U2. We saw them on the street in Ireland 9 years ago, now we just really need to see them in concert!
17. What do you admire most about him?

He is a phenomenal husband and father. Whenever I get behind he catches my slack. And when I thank him for that, he tells me not to and that he's not catching my slack he's just doing his part. He helps me with anything I ask. He says "I love you" often to me, but he shows it even more with all he does for me.
1. Where did you first meet your husband?

The very first week of school Freshman year at BYU while Spider-sniffing (if you want to know what that is I'll let you know, I just thought it was a good excuse to meet boys- I was right!) However, we didn't see each other again until a month later when my roommates set me up on a blind-date with him for our dorm's Buddy Ball dance. We were pretty much inseparable after that.
2. How long did you date?

From the time we first met until we were married almost 4 years passed. However, in that time he served a 2 year mission for our church in France. So- we dated a year, he went on his mission (where I waited the first year, and then dated the second- tee hee), and then we dated almost another year before we tied the knot.
3. How long have you been married?

Twelve months, I mean twelve years. We still feel like newlyweds though!
4. What does he do that surprises you?

My husband is very romantic and brings me flowers often for no reason at all.
5. What is your favorite feature of his?

I could say his beautiful blue eyes, his mischievous smile, his tender hands, but I'll go with his bum- tee hee. It looks great in a pair of Levi's! (And Len, your crooked toes are great too!)
6. What is his best quality?

He has lots of great qualities, but the boy is seriously SMART! He is a walking encyclopedia. I can ask him any random question about any subject and 99% of the time he has the answer. I've only stumped him a very few times.
7. Does he have a nickname for you?

He is a bee charmer (his family has raised bees for over 500 years and he wants to take it up when he retires) and I am of course, his "honey." He also calls me "Jenny" and "Miss Pelula" is another nickname...
8. What is his favorite food?

For breakfast I'd say french toast, dinner- fajitas, snack- Ruffles with french onion dip, dessert- carrot cake (we haven't had that in too long), but I'd have to say his all time favorite is good ol' peanut butter and jelly (or as he calls it jam) sandwiches. He could seriously eat them every day for lunch!
9. What is his favorite sport?
10. When and where was your first kiss?

Halloween 1993, however, it was on a Sunday that year. That evening we went tunnel singing (you BYU alumni will know what that is). Anyway, he walked me home afterwards and held my hand for the first time. After we got to my dorm he didn't want to say goodnight yet, so we sat on the grass on a hill behind the building. We talked for a good while longer and we decided we needed to call it a night. Then before I knew it he leaned over and kissed me. I had to pay my roommates in ice cream afterwards. I think the flavor I chose was Goo-goo cluster- yummy!
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?

We love to walk and talk. We love enjoying the fresh air and nature and holding hands. As our children joined us we pushed strollers, and now we hold our big kids hands and push our littler ones in strollers. If the weather's not nice then we'll take it inside a mall. It's just nice to walk and talk and take our time.
12. Do you have children?
We have 7 year old twins Kaleb & Noe, our 2 year old Gavin, and our newborn Teague. We hope we're blessed with more too.
13. Does he have hidden talents?

I'll keep his "hidden" talents to myself thank you. But I will say he's a great kisser!
14. How old is he?

33 going on 34. We met when we were 18 and we said when we were 36 we'd have known each other for as long as we didn't know each other. That seemed forever a way. Now it's just around the corner!
15. Who said I love you first?

He did! After we had only been dating for a couple of weeks. We were walking on campus and out of the blue he said, "I just love you. But I'm not ready to pick out curtains or anything yet." I was thinking, "Did he really just say he loved me? Whoa! That was fast!" But I had to ask about the curtains reference. Apparently it's from "Aladdin." We watched that movie several times that year.
16. What is his favorite music?

I'm more into music than he is. I like to listen, he likes to talk- tee hee. However, he does have a few favorites- Loreena McKennitt, Enya, and everything classical. He prefers the quiet stuff, where I prefer the loud stuff. Luckily, we both love U2. We saw them on the street in Ireland 9 years ago, now we just really need to see them in concert!
17. What do you admire most about him?

He is a phenomenal husband and father. Whenever I get behind he catches my slack. And when I thank him for that, he tells me not to and that he's not catching my slack he's just doing his part. He helps me with anything I ask. He says "I love you" often to me, but he shows it even more with all he does for me.
18. What is his favorite color?


1 comment:
What a wonderful post... I love the old pictures..... we just celebrated our anniversary too, and maybe I will have to do a belated one. Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment