Thursday, December 10, 2015

American Thanksgiving

Even though we miss our extended families terribly, celebrating American Thanksgiving with my little family is one of my most favorite days of the year!  Len stays home from work, we keep the kids home from school, and all 8 of us just get to hang out at home together.  Len and I cook up the feast, while Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is playing in the background.

This year for dessert I made a coconut cream pie and tried at making my own recipe for a pumpkin cheesecake.  It tasted delicious!  But it never set properly, so it was kind of like melted pumpkin ice cream on crust ;).  We also watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving and Miracle on 34th Street.  My favorite tradition is going around the table and saying two things we are thankful for- one serious and one silly.  Here are this year's things of gratitude.

Having Hiram home during the day to play with.
Going to my gymnastics class.

Taking bubble baths.
My trains.

Going to school.
Dinner rolls.
(The only thing he ate from our feast, sigh.)

My family and friends.
My toys, TV, Wii, and computer.

Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Making sugar cookies.
My crush.
(She snuck in a third thing, but I guess I could have combined her last 2 answers into 1 by saying: Making sugar cookies for my crush, ha ha!)

Our comforts of life.
Celebrating holidays.

Living in a peaceful, stable country.
Sweet potato casserole.

People I love, my family and friends.
Blogging.
 
My favorite quote this year:
A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles!

No comments: