I feel just like a kid again when my family decorates our Christmas trees! We have a routine: I pass out the ornaments to the kids and Len supervises them and offers suggestions or lifts the kids up high to hang them. It takes over an hour of just putting the ornaments on, and it is such a sweetly spent time.
This year Teague and I gave our trees nicknames. This one is "Big Red".
Every year we get a new Hallmark ornament symbolic for that year. This year was just a regular ol' year spent in Canada, so we got this cute little polar bear representative of the great white north. I've always liked the friendship between these polar opposites- polar bear & penguin too.
In 2006, I was pregnant with Gavin expecting him to be born in 2007. That year we bought a cute gingerbread house ornament with a gingerbread man inside symbolic of Gavin being my little gingerbread man. Gavin was born 3 weeks early making his birth year 2006. His grandparents raced off to Hallmark (as we were in Taiwan) to buy a Baby's First Christmas ornament to replace the gingerbread house. The next year we didn't want to give the gingerbread house away, and when we learned it was the first of a new series we decided to buy the series pieces each year. They are such cute ornaments, and even though you can't tell here they light up and glow. This year is the 10th and final year of the series. I'm so sad to see it end, but I'm so glad we decided to collect them all.
Our kids' tree in the basement, "Candyland".
Mommy & Daddy's tree in our bedroom (the only one I actually decorate) is called "Winter Wonderland". Look out our window though and see what a green Christmas we're having this year. I'm not complaining though!
I had to snap a pic of Ali in her pretty red dress in front of Big Red.
This is my favorite picture though! This is from the very first night we decorated our tree. Hiram loved it so much he kept going in our front room to admire it and ended up falling asleep in front of it. Sweet boy!
We love Christmas and all of the pretty and sentimental ornaments!


No comments:
Post a Comment