Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Montreal Temple Open House

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a temple-building church.  We currently have 148 operating temples, with 15 under construction, and another 10 announced, so soon we will have 173 temples on the earth.  There was only 16 when I was born and when I got married there was only 49.  The second president of our church, Brigham Young said there would be thousands of temples dotting the earth during the Millennium.
 
Before each temple is dedicated there is an open house for any and all to attend.  Our family spent a nice November day doing just that.

Our boys...

...and our girls.  A kind gentleman offered to take a picture of all 8 of us.  Unfortunately, he didn't press the button hard enough, so none of the pictures took.  Luckily, we got the first photo above in front of the nice back drop ;).

We are not allowed to take pictures inside the temples, so these photos are shared from the Mormon Newsroom.  The previous temple suffered weather damage, so it was completely re-built.  It now has maple leaves and fleur de lis carved in stone, wood, mosaic tiles, and painted in gold leaf all through out.  It is so beautiful and sentimental with the symbols of Quebec.

A beautiful mural in one of the ordinance rooms is based on the local nature.
(There wasn't a photo available of the baptismal font, but I love how it is placed on the back of 12 oxen representing the 12 tribes of Israel.)

Another beautiful ordinance room.

The sealing rooms are where I believe the most important work in the world takes place.  Here is where husbands and wives ae sealed for time and all eternity and children are sealed to their parents.  Heavenly Father's plan of happiness is for us to return to live with Him in our families.  These sacred ordinances are not just offered to the living, but also to those who passed on without the opportunity to have them performed.  We perform them vicariously for our dead because we love them and want all families to have the choice to be together forever.

The Celestial room in any temple is my favorite.  I feel like I am in heaven when I am there.  These beautiful chandeliers were saved from the original temple.  They are so beautiful!
 
In the temple with my family is the best place in the world to be!

No comments: