What were some of the popular fads you experienced during your life?
I grew up in the 1980's and it was absolutely fabulous!!
Or should I say totally awesome?!
Or should I say totally awesome?!
Clothing: NEON! Legwarmers, parachute pants, mini-jean skirts and jean jackets covered in pins, Swatch watches, and jelly shoes.
BIG hair! I had the biggest bangs and wings imaginable, but this family definitely wins the gold star!
CABBAGE PATCH KIDS! There were so many fun toys in the 80's: Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Care Bears, Smurfs, Garfield, Rubik's cubes, video games (especially Pac-Man). Oh what fun!
DURAN DURAN! My first music crush. But I also loved Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Michael Jackson.
The movies were fantastic too! Ghostbusters, E.T., Back to the Future, Gremlins, Star Wars, Superman, and all of those teen films- Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The TV shows were also great. Different Strokes, Facts of Life, Family Ties, The Cosby Show, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains. Where are fun family sitcoms like this today?
I loved roller skating, but I hung up my skates for a leotard and joined the Jazzercise movement. I loved dancing around the house to my Olivia Newton-John record "Let's Get Physical" and I even had the "Great Shape" Barbie!
Oh to be a kid again!






No comments:
Post a Comment