Mom and I spent the best day at Disneyland celebrating its Diamond Jubilee! The only thing that could have made it better was if all of our families were with us. If they were though, we probably wouldn't have accomplished all that we did.
We rode TWENTY-ONE rides!!
We ate churros, drank pineapple dole whip floats, had corn dogs for lunch, and a yummy chicken dinner at the Plaza Inn.
In honor of the 60th jubilee there were diamonds everywhere, even on the cupcakes, tee hee!
My mom was born the same year that Disneyland opened!
We had so much fun riding the original rides from 1955. Oh no! I'm going to get swallowed by Monstro, ha ha. The Storybook Land Canal Boats have been one of my favorites since I was 4 years old!
Along with the original rides we also enjoyed the "big" ones- Splash Mountain, the Matterhorn Bobsleds, and Indiana Jones Adventure. We couldn't ride our favorite- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad as it was closed for refurbishment. In fact all of the rides in Frontierland were closed to make way for the new Star Wars Land. Tomorrowland has pretty much become Star Wars Land already, but pics of the new part look really cool. However, we didn't ride the new Hyperspace Mountain (formerly Space Mountain) as that ride always hurt our necks so badly.
By the way, we got DRENCHED on Splash Mountain!
I love how Disney pays attention to every detail.
There's beautiful fountains...
...and flowers everywhere. I wish Disney could redecorate the whole world!
The Mad Tea Party is another one we can never ride (I can't stand to spin, maybe because I suffer from vertigo already, ha ha!), but it is still so pretty to look at.
Happy 60th (almost 61st) Birthday Disneyland!!
*On another note: Queen Elizabeth II became queen the year my dad was born in 1952 and celebrated her diamond jubilee in 2012 . With her recently becoming the longest reigning monarch in England and celebrating her 90th birthday I've read a couple of commemorative magazines about her life. I used to dream of being Cinderella at Disneyland when I was a little girl, but let's just say that now I wish I could be the Queen of England, ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment