Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas is in the air!

We only brought one quarter of our Christmas decorations, but you know what?  They are just the right amount for us to be in the holiday spirit!

These guys are on our door and every time we come home Ali says, "Hi Santa Claus, Hi Frosty the Snowman!"

Inside the door is our Christmas countdown!

Our entry way "mantel" with the ONE Santa I brought.

Our Believe wall waiting for Christmas cards to arrive.  (I believe they will come!  At least I sure hope so!)

The playroom has our Little People Santa Village...

and winter park.

Our living room has our Little People Nativity set...

and our Willow Tree one.
(I do miss my other nativity sets!)

My favorite Christmas and Easter decorations are these prints by Simon Dewey on our dining table.

Our beloved Christmas tree (and I don't really miss our other 2 trees.)

We have a lot of stockings hung...

by the Christmas tree finally!

These words are running through my mind:

Faux trees, sweet treats at this time of year
Big hugs, warm gloves and a cup of cheer
Snow falls, deck the halls and the family's here
Mmm I love Christmas

Mom bakes, I taste cookies for Saint Nick
Little brother leaves Rudolph a carrot stick
Downstairs Dad's cursing trying to wrap a gift
Ooh I love Christmas

I love the reds, I love the greens and putting lights up in the trees
I love tinsel and canes and puttin' popcorn on a string
I love the cheer that it brings when the whole family sings
Oh yes I love Christmas

Egg nog, fire logs, frosted window panes
Old friends build snowmen and children play
sing along to a song, jingle all the way
Mmm I love Christmas

Early lights out getting ready for the day to come
While we're sleeping mom makes sure all the stockings hung
Of all the holidays no doubt this is my favorite one
Ooh I love Christmas

I love the reds, I love the greens and putting lights up in the trees
I love tinsel and canes and puttin' popcorn on a string
I love the cheer that it brings when the whole family sings
Oh yes I love Christmas

(I Love Christmas by Ali Milner)

No comments: