Every year we think how great it would be if our kids could have a gift exchange for Christmas. However, we usually don't have the budget to supply them for this since none of them are earning their own money. I love families that do a homemade gift exchange, but I don't feel that our family age range is conducive for that yet (plus I don't know where we'd buy supplies here).
Also every year, both sets of grandparents send a nice chunk of change for each of us. We decided this year to use the grandparents' money for the gift exchange. The kids were really excited to shop for one another, and both sets of grandparents thought it was a great idea too.
First out, was Kaleb shopping for Hiram and Ali shopping for Teague.
Next out, was Noé shopping for Kaleb and Teague shopping for Gavin.
Look who we ran into when Gavin and Hiram were shopping! Gavin shopped for Noé, while Hiram shopped for Ali.
Len and I also decided to exchange gifts. We went to Kala Ghoda to visit Fab India and The Bombay Store. After our shopping trip we stopped for lunch at Paratha Mantra, and it was so yummy!
We tried Almond Kulfi (traditional Indian ice cream) with a hint of rose flavoring. Another new favorite!
Back at the mall near our house we watched these candy canes being freshly made at Papabubble. We were so excited to have fresh peppermint candy canes. However, when we bit into them we discovered that they weren't peppermint flavored, but spicy Indian flavored, ha ha! Luckily for us, the kids got some peppermint candy canes from the Primary presidency and they shared with us. You have to have a bit of Peppermint at Christmas time!
Not an unusual sight when you're out and about in Mumbai.
However, these traditional homes are harder to find. I just love the window!!
I usually don't enjoy shopping much, but it was fun to take the kiddos out to buy for each other. Perhaps a new tradition?







No comments:
Post a Comment