Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Wishes

I came across this nativity set by Patience Brewster at a Christmas Presence store in Ottawa a couple of years ago.  I love its bright colors and how whimsical it is!  Each piece is sculpted, then molded, and painted by hand.  They are gorgeous, but quite expensive.

I also found this darling Santa and reindeer set of hers (and she has a Mrs. Claus to go with it).  I just love her style!

I found another company, Derevo (from Russia) that I love.  Their pieces are also hand cast, hand painted and come in limited editions.  Which also means they are quite expensive.


They also make cute Santas!

I love this painting by Greg Olsen...

and its coordinating nativity set.

This Santa painting by him is also a favorite.

Lucky for me, both paintings are in this book I recently ordered.  I won't get to enjoy it this year, but I will next year!  The other nativity sets and Santas will remain in my dreams.

I asked Leonard why I have to love such expensive things.  He replied, "You don't love expensive things, you love beautiful things."  I love him so much!

No comments: