Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Incredible India

Our kids' school has two huge events each year.  The first is Incredible India in the fall where we celebrate this magical country we are all temporarily calling home.

We went around the school to the back field where a huge party was going on.  We were each given these lovely flower bracelets.

Then we passed under this archway with happy marionettes. 

To a delight for the senses!

There were fun booths for kids to do crafts at or to buy items from local NGOs.  I loved all the bright colors and patterns!

These lanterns were so cool.

And these simple kites made lovely decor.  I have seen kids running with their kites on the streets, This Is India!  I didn't get any pictures of the food stalls, but we were spoiled with numerous, delicious Indian sweet and savory treats.  Even better, we could eat as much as we wanted and it was all free!

The entertainment began with the Jazz band.  Kaleb was front and center playing his tenor sax.

The little boys were gracious members of the audience as they chomped down on about a dozen popsicles.

Ali slept through it all, again.

Noé was hanging out with her friends until she found her brother.
(I love the umbrellas and lights behind them!)

Noé, Ali, and I all received our first henna tattoos.

There was lots more entertainment with more bands, choirs, and dancers.  This group was the Bollywood Moms.  I have to learn if I can join them!

After the event, we had to snap pics of our resident artists.  Noé and Kaleb had to create their own works of art inspired by Michael Craig Martin.  Noé chose to paint her Marc Jacobs tube of lipstick.

Kaleb chose to paint our household phone.  I think they both did a great job!

We also had family pics taken at the photo booth.  This is one I ordered (as well as a silly face one) and I can't wait for them to arrive!  Now we're looking forward to the Festival of Nations!

No comments: