The Babu Amichand Panalal Jain Temple to be exact.
When we lived in Taiwan we visited many "dragon" temples. I really wanted to visit an "elephant" temple while we are here in India, so Leonard, Ali, and I did.
I loved the architecture and color in this building. I also enjoyed the "ceiling" over the courtyard that provided shade from the sun, and I'm sure it's a great relief during the monsoon season as well.
I think this man...
and this woman were the patrons of this temple. There were also framed photographs of them hanging in the temple, as well as marble busts of them.
There were several elephant statues, as well as different men,
women, angels, and flowers.
I don't know what this is used for, but it looks like some sort of sceptre.
There were many pillars, each with different, colorful flowers at their tops.
This is one of the ceiling paintings. I wish I knew what it meant, but I think it's lovely.
Next time I ride an elephant, I want to ride it like a mahout sitting directly on its back not on a chair.
There were many people at the temple this morning and they were very friendly to us. We weren't allowed in the main hall of worship, but they welcomed us to explore everywhere on its outside. I loved the big silver doors with their different symbols.
There were two gates like this to enter the courtyard.
I love attention to detail! And flowers!
I wish I knew what these symbols meant.
This one made me think of a reindeer jumping over the moon and I liked it the most.
Right across the street was this gorgeous banyan tree.
Oh India, you do have endearing charm!
No comments:
Post a Comment