Monday, August 6, 2007

Cardston Temple


We made a quick stop at the Temple this morning before we headed down to Waterton. Since we were here with Steve's family I have to share this story:

When Len & I were engaged and decided to get married in the Las Vegas Temple, Steve gave me a hard time for not choosing the Cardston Temple. He made a good argument. After all, his grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins, parents, and 2 older brothers were all married here. It would have been nice to carry on the family tradition, but I told him since Len gets to choose where we'll live, I get to choose where we'll get married. (Now I'm in Taiwan- whoops!) Plus, I wanted our own location. His parents were married in Cardston, my mom & step-dad were married in St. George, my dad & step-mom were married in Boise, so I think it was perfect for us to get married in Las Vegas.

Flash forward a little bit to Steve & Suzi's wedding. It was a gorgeous event that took place at the Salt Lake Temple. I had to tease Steve a little bit though, "this sure doesn't look like Cardston!" Ha ha ha.

No comments: