Saturday, August 4, 2007

Hanna, a great home-town


We spent the day touring Hanna today. It is a small town (population 3,000), but it is very charming. Leonard was born and raised here, but once he left for BYU he never went back. I used to think I couldn't live in such a small town, but now I think I would enjoy it.

Above is the town sign that says it's the sister town of Wake, Japan and the proud home of Nickelback, and yes Len went to school with Chad Kroeger. I'd love to show you his yearbook sometime! Of course, being the groupie that I am I wanted to see where Chad, Mike, and Ryan lived too. Afterall, I have Chad's autograph and I've talked to Mike on the phone. I'm so famous-ha! Len's bro's are though: we have a sweet pic of Ken's kids with the band, Kevy has golfed at celebrity tournaments with them, and Steve's fam has seen them in concert and chatted with them backstage. Maybe one of these years we'll finally get to see them in concert too!


Len's school mascot was the hawk, but Hanna has a Canada goose theme going on. Here's a nice statue of one now.


Here's the 10 of us posing in front of another goose statue you pass right when you enter the town.


Len remembered this goose sign with antlers so we had to track it down. Since Hanna is tiny, we were able to do that. Is this the cousin of the jackalope?


This summer we took pictures in Idaho, Nevada, Utah, and Alberta of all of our memory lanes (homes, schools, churches, jobs, extracurriculars, etc). I'm going to make a seperate photo book of them, but here I had to include a picture of the house that Len, Steve, Kevy, & Ken all grew up in!


I wanted to include this picture here too, because I like the shot. It's of the original Hanna High School. When Len went to it it was the Junior High, and now it is the Elementary school.

Back to Nickelback, this is where they filmed their video for "Photograph." I love that song, but it always makes me want to cry. Isn't nostalgia funny?

Hanna has a lot of fun things to offer and I'll make a post for each of the activities we did here.

No comments: