My babies are 7! Where has the time gone? I can't believe they are 1/3 of their way to adulthood. They are such sweet kids and I'm so grateful they are mine. I know I am too hard on them sometimes. I've just got to remember that "Sometimes I'm Bombaloo" (a great book) and that they are too, and that's OK.
Kaleb at 7:
- He's our scholar. At night, we'll catch him up after we've tucked him in reading all sorts of information books. His favorite topics right now are: the human body, the solar system, and geography. The other day he was explaining dominant and recessive genes to me. I didn't learn that until 9th grade Biology!
- He's a perfectionist. He likes things just his way, and can have melt downs when they don't turn out like that. He's getting better though, and I know he'll be fine (I have personal experience with this).
- He is sneaky! He's always trying to hide things away in his room, for example the tape and scissors. Who knows when he'll have the urge to whip up an art project and will need those things on hand. The problem is when I need those items and can't find them since he's taken them.
- He is kind. At school and at church his teachers and friends always tell me he is kind to his friends and looks out for them. This makes me so proud of him!
- He's a good helper. Of course, he prefers to play, but he helps too. Lately, he's been unloading the dishwasher without being asked. Way to go!
- He's handsome. What can I say? I think he's adorable!
- He is loved. Kaleb we love you so much and hope you have a terrific year being 7!
- She's our free spirit. She loves music and dancing, and can be the wild child. She picks up lyrics fast and is always dancing when music is on (even during our Family Home Evening songs, which I think is sweet!)
- She's an artist. She still struggles with her fine motor skills, but that doesn't stop her. Every day she is drawing, coloring, writing stories, or letters to her friends. I love her imagination (she wrote at school that when we went to the beach we saw mermaids- ha!)
- She's a good friend. She's loyal to her friends and always thinking of kind things to do for them.
- She's gettin' attitude. Why do girls act like teenagers so young? She's already learned to dish out the "Whatevers" and "So, I don't cares." Ugh! I'm not ready for this!
- She's a good helper too. Every morning she makes her bed. Many times after she's finished cleaning her room, she'll help Kaleb finish cleaning his.
- She's beautiful. What can I say? I think she's lovely.
- She is loved. Noe we love you so much and hope you have a fantastic year being 7!
1 comment:
They are so cute. I cant believe how fast time goes, they were Isaacs age when I first met them. It is so crazy that it has been 4 years.
Post a Comment