
After 2 years of big birthday parties, and my big belly this year, we decided from now on we're going to have birthday parties every other year and have family outings with a friend in the interim. Of course, Kaleb and Noe wanted to invite all of their friends from school, church, and Leonard's work, but they agreed they would just invite one. This was a difficult decision though. Leonard and I chose the 2 friends that we see the most after school and whose parents we know really well. However, Kaleb and Noe wanted to invite the 2 friends they play with the most at school, whose parents we don't know at all. Since it was their birthday we let their choice win. It was a humbling experience for me to communicate with parents that have limited English. I really wish I could speak Chinese and Korean. In the end it all turned out though, and we had a fun day.
Our little group of 7 (4 friends, plus Daddy, Mommy, & Gavin) headed over to the Miramar Entertainment Park. We ate lunch, rode the huge ferris wheel and little carousal, then had ice cream at Coldstone. (Coldstone lent us the great hats too.) We originally wanted to take the kids to a movie too, but there were NO family friendly movies playing- ugh. It turned out fine without the movie though. A while ago I posted that I was ready for 6 kids. Maybe that's true when we're all at home safe & sound and playing. Out and about with them all running every which way, I kept thinking, "I am so NOT ready for 6 kids"- ha!
Afterwards we took their friends home, then came home to open their gifts. Again they were spoiled by Mommy & Daddy, Grandma & Grandpa Green Eyes, Gramma & Grampa Blue Eyes, the Martin's, the Ho's, Anica & Lamie, and the next day at church by their Primary Teachers and the Primary Presidency. It's great to be remembered on your special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment