Gavin and I went up to the school today to celebrate Noe and Kaleb's birthday with their classes.
Our first stop was to Noe's class and she loved her flying unicorn cake!
We sang to her in English and Chinese. Afterwards I cut the cake, and she passed it out. In her class all of the children have to wait for the birthday person to take the first bite. She decided to be tricky and pretended to take the first bite 3 or 4 times before she finally ate it- she is such a silly girl!
Next we headed across the hall to Kaleb's class. He too loved his race car cake!
Kaleb was so funny today. We sang to him in English and Chinese again, and then the class started singing to him in Korean while he started to blow out the candles. He screamed, "I said NO!" Apparently, he really didn't want to be sung to in Korean. In his class they also wait for the birthday person to take the first bite. Kaleb really prolonged this as he wanted to make the first cut in the cake, then pass out the juice boxes, napkins & forks, and cake all by himself. I finally convinced him to let his teacher help with the napkins & forks, but he did not want any help from his classmates. His teacher said she has never seen him bossy like that before, but she also said he's such a good kid all the time that it's OK to want things just so on your birthday. I just laughed, I know him better.
Gavin conked out right at the end. I know he was missing nap time for the parties, but I was still surprised that he could sleep during the festivities. He's always quite the spectacle when we visit the classrooms, the boy definitely has friends.
*Later that afternoon Noe went to her friend Julia's birthday party (who turned 7 on Wednesday). It was a slumber party, but since Noe has never stayed the night at a friend's house before, she decided she still wasn't ready too, which was fine by me. However, when it was time to pick her up that evening I packed her overnight bag just in case she changed her mind. Sure enough, she did! She stayed the night and had a great time. My little girl really is growing up! (Kaleb was bummed that boys were not allowed, but I am so not ready to give the talk why boys and girls don't have sleepovers together until they're married- tee hee!)
No comments:
Post a Comment