First of all, I want to say thank you for the kind comments and e-mails about my previous post. This morning I went in bright and early for my more intense glucose test. It was pretty much the same as last time, I just had to fast before hand and they took my blood 4 times instead of just the once (before I drank the sugar water, an hour after, 2 hours after, and 3 hours after). My Doctor just called me and said the test results came back beautifully, there is no sign of diabetes. She said she also had them do a rhogam anti-bodies test to make sure my body was responding to the shot properly and that that wasn't a danger to the baby, and those results came back perfect too. So now we're still in the "What's causing the Polyhydramnios?" phase. Again, I can be in the 50% of cases where they never find the reason, or the baby could have anatomical, chromosomal, or neurological abnormalities. There could also be problems with my heart, kidneys, and/or placenta. She said usually the problems involve the GI tract or there is a bowel obstruction, but she said everything looked good with him when she did the ultrasound. She told me she hasn't been sleeping the past 2 nights because she's so worried about me and baby. That was sweet of her to say, but again not something you want to hear from your doctor. She said when I go in Tuesday morning I'll have another non-stress test and ultrasound, then we have to have a serious discussion about having an amniocentesis. I am so scared of that! But basically, we have to drain off the excess fluid ASAP. She said they will also give me a shot to help little boys lungs mature faster just in case he is born pre-maturely. I'm just scared and sad right now, but trying to stay happy. Besides feeling heavy I feel fine, and I still feel him being as active as ever. I just want him to be healthy and strong. I believe in the power of prayer, and appreciate all that are offered on my family's behalf.
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
3 comments:
Jen, Jen, Jen! I am so sorry! Modern medicine has made some great advances. It sounds like your Dr. is on your side so I am sure she will try and think of everything. As I was researching 'things' with my last pregnancy I was amazed at how much they can do now. We are definitely lucky to have all the medical knowledge we have.
You are in our thoughts and our prayers. I am so sorry about the wedding (and the pictures- it is especially heartbraking for you Miss Picture Lady!)
Thanks for keeping us updated. We keep coming back for updates. Take care of yourself.
Jen - I feel your worry. I know what wondering about the unknown feels like. I pray for you and your family. Amnio - it is not so bad. I did not experience really any "pain", it is just odd - pressure and sensation of something unnatural, but all in all, not as bad as I anticipated. I am sorry about all that fluid! Draining some is a bit of a loosing battle, as you just keep making more! Hang in there... I know it is hard, all that anxiety. Pray for strenght, only He can give you the peace you will need. Love you!
Hi Jen (and Len),
Family who loves you all over the world is pulling for you.
Post a Comment