Thursday, March 26, 2009

Welcome Spring

I have harbored winter in my soul for too long. I hope the coming sunshine can bring me peace again. Last week was very stressful with the polydramnios scare. However, I've had two doctor's appointments since the amnioreduction and all is well for now. Hopefully, the next month will continue to go well and then baby boy will be here. This week has been one of the LONGEST of my life! I've been on house arrest since the amnioreduction, Gavin has been terribly sick with a tonsil infection and has been a major crank pot, and Kaleb & Noe have been on Spring break since Wednesday. Needless to say, we are all going a bit stir crazy! Len is off work next week though, so hopefully we'll be able to get out and get some fresh air then.



St. Patrick's Day came and went. All of us wore a shade of green that day, but other than that we didn't do much celebrating.


This weekend was the Spring Fair at school, but the kids missed that too as Len had a work conference to go to and I couldn't take them. So instead I made up some devil's food cupcakes with mint icing. I served them with mint chocolate chip ice cream. The kids loved it and said we should celebrate St. Patrick's every week.



They also had fun playing with their Little People St. Paddy's Day Parade set all month. They're already anticipating the Easter set.

*Since I've been commenting on American Idol each week I wanted to add my thoughts for this week. I actually liked Adam's performance! He has a good voice and if he can just sing without all the theatrics I enjoy it much more. I think Megan has moved down to the ho-hum category for me though. She's quirky and has her own style of singing, but I'm bored of it already. Kris is a good singer too, but he's always the one I forget about (which is ironic since my brother is named Kris Allen too). Danny was my favorite the first week, Anoop was last week, and I think Matt was this week. It's sad that American Idol is my only source of entertainment these days!

1 comment:

Delyna said...

Jen, I remember painting that St, Patricks Day decoration with you! Good memories. :)