As soon as St. Patty's was over the green decorations came down and the Easter ones went up!
I must just say again how much I LOVE having a 4-day weekend for Easter! I do miss spring break being associated with Easter, but the 4 days just work for me. Saturday morning the kids were giddy to see what the Easter Bunny had left for them.
This year the favorite treat for all were the Cheetos carrots. I was happy too as they aren't a sugary snack, but they do make for the orangest fingers!
Chocolate bunnies; peanut butter, caramel, and cream filled chocolate eggs; Easter DVD's; and these Peeps kabobs finished up the baskets.
My babes are growing up!
Later that evening we dyed 3 dozen Easter eggs.
Poor Teague had crashed out in the basement and missed out this year.
I created these "Eggheads" of our family, ha!
My family made the rest of these beauties. I see lots of deviled eggs in our future, yum!
Sunday morning we got all dressed up for church. This was the first photo we took and probably the best, but the flash didn't go off.
Trying again for a better one with the flash on.
Teague and Hiram both had minor melt-downs, so we rearranged and tried again. Not a perfect one this year, but all of us together, so that counts.
After church we had 3 families over for an Easter feast. We served a honey-baked ham, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, and of course deviled eggs. Our friends brought yummy things too- fancy pants brussel sprouts (who knew they could be so tasty?), homemade biscuits, and divine turtle cheesecake!
After dinner the kids were off to find Easter eggs filled with jelly beans and m&m's.
Rita helped Ruby find some treats too.
This time Hiram missed out for a nap.
We had a wonderful time celebrating the Resurrection of our Savior!
No comments:
Post a Comment