I love being a mom, but probably every other day I think I'm lousy at it. I forget to do important things (like have family scripture reading) or I do things I wish I hadn't (raise my voice to get my yelling children to stop yelling). But I love my children with all that I am and they know that (I've asked them). I read a cute post on: 320 Sycamore and wanted to share some of Melissa's words here:
"We are the ones that can set the tone in the home, whatever a blessing or curse that may be. With our words, reactions, or listening ear we can build, encourage, comfort, and inspire. And when days don’t go as we hoped they would and we see those sweet faces sleeping at night, every unkind word and retort comes piercing back to our hearts. And yet, we get up and try again the next day, to bite our tongue, to not raise our voice, to be patient when it is taking 17 minutes to get a shoe and sock on, and to be interested in hearing about the 7th grade field trip at 10:30 when we just want to drop dead into bed.
You are doing so much better than you think you are.
You are the Mom that God gave to your children. You are exactly what they need. Your kids don’t care what other Moms are doing, just what you do. You have a tiny idea of how much God loves His children because you know how fiercely you love yours. I know this is a blog about bringing out the potential in your homes, but what you build inside of them will be forever more important than what you build or makeover inside your home. You all know that, but it’s good to hear again and again and again.
I love being a Mom, and it’s the hardest thing I have ever done. But it’s always the hard things that are most worth it."
To ALL women- Happy Mother’s Day to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment