Leonard was honored again to speak at the MTA Conference this year. He got to visit our beloved Utah for a long weekend.
Len got fired though as he only took 4 pictures from his trip! I'm happy he got a picture of Lincoln (on the right) our dear friend, but it would have been nice if he got a picture of Lincoln's lovely family who Len stayed with!
The closest thing to a "group" shot at the catered luncheon.
Afterwards he got to visit with my sister and her hubby. I'm so glad he got a pic of them! He missed taking one of my brother Brent, who came from Idaho for the event. The MTA Conference is held on the Friday before our church's General Conference weekend. While he visited Temple Square he also ran into my cousins Tracy & Tana with one of their daughters and sons-in-law; Sister Kyle (one of my old YW serving her mission there); and Bro. & Sis. Albers- a couple from our ward here in Ottawa, go figure!
I'll admit I used to be a little afraid of the MTA (Mormon Transhumanist Association). I didn't understand it and thought that maybe they were trying to build a tower of Babel- you know get to heaven on their own without the help of God and His Son, Jesus Christ. However, now I see the MTA taking the expression "Pray as if everything depends on the Lord; Work as if everything depends on you" seriously. I think science, religion, and technology can and should be compatible with one another. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have done so much for us, but they have also endowed us with intelligence and inspire us to seek out all truth and all knowledge. I want to do everything they inspire me to do. I also support my husband in his quest to do everything that he is inspired of the Lord to do!
4 comments:
Thanks for the fun and inspiring post on the MTA conference.
You're welcome Brent =).
Well, I am glad that you are at least not afraid of us any more. I took a few more pictures than that, and I can share them if you want.
Thanks James! I would love more pictures =).
Post a Comment