Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My "mantel"

Back in March I mentioned how I made our little buffet table into our new seasonal mantel.  I decorated it up for St. Patrick's Day and Easter and now it's wearing it's day-to-day look waiting for the next holiday (Canada & Independence Day).  Some day I will switch it out each month with new Subway art, paper piecing art, crepe paper rosette balls, bunting banners, and modge podged wood trios in these themes:
 
January- snowman trio
 
February- heart, x, o
 
March- shamrock, rainbow, leprechaun
 
April- bunny, egg, chick
 
May- flower trio
 
June- flipflops, sunshine, beach ball
 
July- heart, star, maple leaf (we love the USA and Canada)
or red, white, & blue pinwheels
 
August- watermelon trio
 
September- fall leaf trio (or apples)
 
October- pumpkin, witch hat, witch boots
 
November- turkey, pilgrim, indian
 
December- rudolph, santa, frosty (or maybe an elf since we'll have snowmen in January)
 
I love this puppet nativity set- I want to make one like it out of wood too.
 
My kitchen was done in birdhouses when we were first married and they still hold a special place in my heart.  Perhaps I'll make a birdhouse trio for our every day look.
*I need to move to Utah so I can buy all these cuties from Pebbles in my Pocket.  I love that store!

No comments: