Of course, being in Florida we had to go to the beach!! We wanted to visit my Aunt Tina in St. Petersburg, but we thought she was in Ohio (so sad about miscommunication!). We still thought we'd head over to the Tampa Bay area and I'm so glad we did!
We found Clearwater Beach and it was a lovely surprise! In fact, it was voted the #1 best Florida beach town in 2013 by USA Today.
Grampa and Gramma had been to Florida before, but they visited a beach on the Atlantic Ocean.
This beach is on the Gulf of Mexico, and was just heavenly!!
Sea turtles are a favorite of mine and I thought this little guy on top of the showers was too cute.
I also love dolphins and every shop/restaurant had one of these guys out front decorated to match their establishment. I loved this guy's Hawaiian shirt.
We ate at Crabby's bar & grill. The kids played cornhole while we waited for our table.
We all had a variety of seafood (I had the fish & chips special that also had a crab cake, shrimp, and coleslaw), but we had an appetizer first- Gator Bites. And now that I've eaten alligator, I don't ever have to again, ha!
Noé and I had to take a trip to the Ladies room, I mean the Dudettes room.
Dude! I had to take their pictures!
After dinner, the kids wanted to fly on the acrobatic trampolines.
Go Gavin!
Noé nailed it!
Krazy Kaleb!
Timid Teague.
He didn't weigh enough for it to really work for him, but he still had fun.
Thanks Gramma and Grampa!
I could walk on this beach forever! The sand was so soft and smooth and white. Hiram kept calling it snow. I wish this is the stuff we have in our backyard! Anyway, it was a great way to spend New Year's Eve.
We had to visit the gift shop to access the elevator to the parking garage. We bought some yummy salt water taffy, but I wanted one of these signs to display in my dream beach house. Someday...
No comments:
Post a Comment