Thursday, March 5, 2015

Gift-giving

I decorated the bulletin boards in our Relief Society room with these words:
What gifts will you give?
Testimony, patience, compassion, love, gratitude, kindness, good works, time, knowledge, forgiveness, friendship, hope.
I believe those are way better than any worldly gifts, but we do live in the world and other gifts are appreciated too.

We have always been grateful to those that have been generous to us and we always try to be generous with others.  This year we bought an entire hamper for our ward's food drive- turkey, ham, potatoes, carrots, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.  We want our children to be aware of others' needs and always try to be generous as they grow up.
 
We also did our Secret Santa gift for the 3rd year in a row.  I can't go into detail though, because it's a secret!  Gavin's class at school also had a Secret Santa exchange.  I was thrilled to see this done in the public school.  I wish all of my kids got to participate in such a wonderful event!
 
I shared this video at Christmas time, but it still inspires me. 

No comments: