Tuesday, March 3, 2015

December decor

I absolutely LOVE having a Christmas house every December.  It usually takes about 5 days to get all of the decorations up, but it is part of our holiday fun!  I love setting some of it up while the kids are at school, then seeing the surprise and joy on their faces when they come home in the afternoon.  I love watching them decorate our main floor and basement Christmas trees, and then having a special date with Leonard as we decorate the tree in our room.  We still don't have outside lights yet, but we adorn the house with extra large ornaments.  I am a sentimental sap and these decorations help bring the joy of the season- past, present, and future to my heart and it is something I plan to do every December of my life.
 
However, this blog post was overwhelming me- as I have so many pictures of everything and choosing the best ones and editing them takes time.  So I've decided for now to just have a photo of my favorite decoration in this post, so I can move on to all of the other wonderful things we did in December (plus January and February now!).  Eventually, I'll come back to this post and add more photos; or add a little more here and there.  My life is crazy busy these days, but it is important to me to record our family history on this blog, so I am not giving up on it!
 











 I added my favorite pics to this post, but didn't feel like doing captions.  I showed our new nativity set and our new Mr. & Mrs. Claus.  The rest are decorations we've aquired over the years that I just love!

No comments: