We took a taxi back to our neighborhood and took a little walk down a little alley. It was like we were entering a magical realm where banyan trees grow...
...and all the trees are covered in hanging vines.
And found the Good Earth!
The Good Earth is a home-goods and clothing store with a restaurant.
I love these birds!
These colors and patterns are just India to me and I love them!
I think I want to paint our next home purple!
Is this bed for sale not amazing?
And I wish I had room on one of my walls for this beautiful piece of artwork!
"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
These are real marigolds strung on the tree branches, love!
Let's Eat!
Ali was practicing her ninja moves while waiting for lunch.
My handsome hubby that I wish I could eat lunch with everyday!
She tried to wait patiently for her food, but can you see that little mischievous streak? Yeah, she kept getting down from her chair and running all over the restaurant.
It's nice sitting on a sofa to eat lunch.
She was so proud to drink from her own goblet. Just don't notice the spills on her shirt, ha ha.
Eating french fries so daintily.
At least she stayed still so we could eat too.
I love this look that Len captured with his phone!
I got the unidentified "fillet". As I've mentioned before beef-eating is frowned upon, while others are uncomfortable knowing they are eating water buffalo. It was actually quite good to this girl who had been red-meat deprived.
Len's chicken was quite tasty too.
I always love fresh flowers on the table. I must mention we also had a yummy appetizer of fresh flat bread and crackers with hummus, harissa, and an asparagus dip to spread on. Our dessert was more interesting though. We had a slice of carrot cake which was warm and yummy, but it was accompanied with a deep purple ice cream. I can't remember what the flavor was called but it tasted like Indian spices. While I love Indian spices in my dinner, in my ice cream? Not so much.
There were more furniture stores all down the alley and I loved this sign we found as we left.
"See us not as Eastern or Western, ethnic or contemporary, but as a culmination of our experiences in a world where things were always more natural than these limitations..."

No comments:
Post a Comment