Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Krispy Kreme

In August we took Noé to get donuts and in September we took Gavin to get doughnuts...

at Krispy Kreme!

Notice the green dot on the bottom right of the box?  I told you before, but those dots are on EVERY food item! 

We explored with some cookies and cream ones (tasty), but also had some of their plain glazed ones (delicious).  I think I was a bit doughnut deprived in Canada since I wasn't a huge Tim Horton's fan, but I sure do love Krispy Kreme (and Winchell's, and Dunkin' Donuts, and a new favorite- MOD!).

We came home to a quiet house.  No laughing, no yelling, no running around.  No, we came home to screen zombies.

Kaleb was on his laptop at the desk.

Noé was on her laptop

on the chair.

Hiram and Ali were on Gavin's laptop

next to Noé on the couch.

While Teague was on mine and Leonard's laptop

at the desk in our bedroom.

Our new school made us buy these 4 laptops and this was why I was dreading it.  I want healthy children, not electronic zombies.  I try to regulate their screen usage, but still our society is making it very hard to fight this battle!
(Now we have 3 cell phones, 3 TVs, and a desktop computer so we have 11 screens for 8 people, ugh!)

No comments: