Even though I wish I could get younger instead of older, I'm grateful to celebrate another birthday. Birthday presents are always fun too. Lucky for me, the new Harry Potter book (play actually) came out just a few days before. It's a great read, by the way.
Len finally got to wear his birthday present too. His brother and sister-in-law Steve & Suzi visited Europe this year and took a picture of this crest in the town of Reyl. His brother Ken was able to turn it into a graphic design and have it silk-screened onto t-shirts. I love it!
Len had to work that day, but that evening we went out to eat at the Rain Forest Restaurant (not to be confused with the Rain Forest Cafe). The staff was so accommodating to our family and they had yummy cuisines from 3 countries- India, China, and Italy.
My Taiwan boys.
My oldest and youngest.
My oldest girl and youngest boy.
When our servers learned it was my birthday they brought me out a slice of chocolate cake with this bird's nest filled with more little chocolates. They also played a birthday song on their stereo system. I felt so special!
I actually made a cake for myself at home that day.
Can you tell Ali helped? Sneaky girl had a little taste test, ha!
Most of my wishes have come true, but I still have a few more I'm hoping will too.
Here's 6 of my wishes behind me and my best wish was taking this photo.
I didn't know what baking supplies I'd be able to find here, and with my birthday only 9 days after arriving I decided to bring some stuff in my suitcase. Round cake pans- check; 3 cake mixes (for Hiram and Gavin too)- check; Crisco- check; 3 bags of powdered sugar- check; food coloring- check; vanilla, coconut, and peppermint extracts- check; piping bags and frosting tips- check; candles and happy birthday holders- check. I think in 2017 this baker's going to take a break though and buy birthday cakes from the local Foodhall, ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment