Saturday, January 18, 2020

Ali's #5

Ali's 5th birthday was on a Sunday this year, so we sent her to school with treats for her classmates on the Friday before.  She came home with this birthday crown that she decorated herself!

On Friday evening, Leonard and I took her out for her dinner date.  We were so disappointed that she chose McDonald's (that's fast food, not a restaurant!).  However, she loved it and I loved watching her climb, and slide, and have a blast in the Play Place.

On Saturday evening, our ward had a dessert auction to raise money for the youth camps.  I made a fresh strawberry cake for it and was happy that it sold pretty well.  We got into a bidding war and won this cake for Ali's birthday.  Some of my family members don't like fondant, so I added some buttercream to the top. 

Ali was thrilled with it!

We had the Wilde family join us for dessert on her actual birthday.  We also had ice cream, a triple-berry & rhubarb pie, and an almond tart.

They don't need sugar...

...they're already silly!

The cake was a hit and most of it got devoured!

Jacelyn was giving Macy some sweet snuggles.

I'm gonna call them Jac and Mac now!

What inside this big bag?

Ali was so excited to open her gifts.

She had wanted a "real" kitty so badly.  Luckily, she was very happy with her toy Mommy cat and 3 baby kittens.  She loved everything!

She was also spoiled from both sets of grandparents and the Wilde's!

Happy Birthday Ali!  We love you so much!

No comments: