I'm sharing this post from Facebook on my blog as well. Thanks for reading and I would love to read your comments.
*IF YOU KNOW US AND LOVE US, PLEASE
READ THIS LONG POST AND MAKE A COMMENT BELOW. WE LOVE YOU!*
Happy New Year from our family to
yours! This day (and every day) I am so grateful for all of my loved
ones- my extended families, my friends, but especially- my husband,
and each and every one of our children.
For as long as I can remember I have
dreamed of having eight children, four sons and four daughters. This
dream may not have been Leonard's dream since his youth, but as we
have grown together, it has become his dream too. I can't believe
that we are lucky enough to have four sons and three daughters. They
are such amazing kiddos! The desire in my heart though for one more
daughter is just as strong now as it was when I was a young girl, and
it is so sweet that my children also share this desire and pray for
her each day.
Our new home has five bedrooms- and all
of us share a room, except for Macy. Some may feel she is the lucky
one to have a room all to herself, but I feel the opposite-she's the
only one not to have a roommate.
For the past year and a half we have
tried to conceive another child. For the past six months we have
been receiving fertility treatments. As much as I would love to
create another body for one of Heavenly Father's children, something
has been tugging at my heart about adoption. For the past six months
Leonard and I have also attended information seminars on public
adoption, as well as international adoption, and have met with a
private adoption practitioner.
The adoption process is very
intimidating, to say the least. And yet, I know how much we would
love any child that came to our family. And yet, I think of a little
girl needing our family to love her and raise her. And yet, I think
of birth parents who love their child, but don't have the means to
provide for her the way they would like to. And yet, I think the
answer to our prayers could also be us being the answer to someone
else's prayer.
Since there are a couple of gaps in the
ages of our children, we could adopt a girl born between Sept. 7,
2003 and June 17, 2005; between November 26, 2015 and July 22, 2016;
as well as after July 22, 2019.
I have been praying for guidance for a
very long time, pleading with my Father in Heaven to hear His voice
and to be granted one last miracle, this desire of my heart to have
one more daughter. Every time my thoughts turn to adoption I feel
peace. Sometimes, it is hard to decipher between one's own
feelings, the whisperings of the Spirit, and doubt from the
adversary. However, I know we are commanded to do good things and
the Lord will help us accomplish those good things. If we get it
wrong, he will also correct us as needed.
So here we are this New Year's day and
I am feeling so much gratitude for this sweet family of mine, while
at the same time I feel like I have to do all in my power to bring
one more little girl to our family, and then sit back and let God
work in our lives. If you have read this post, thank you so much, it
really means a lot to me. It is a little overwhelming to share the
most tender feelings of your heart on a public platform. Even though
I want many eyes and hearts to see this, I have decided not to make
this post public. I am hoping that amongst all the amazing Facebook
friends that Leonard and I have that one of you might know someone to
help us with this miracle we are seeking. If you would like, please
leave a positive comment below, so Facebook's algorithms can have as
many of our friends as possible see it. And please reach out to us
at: adopt(dot)baby(dot)girl(dot)love(at)gmail(dot)com
Thank you and God bless you!

No comments:
Post a Comment