Friday, January 3, 2020

Decades



With this new year bringing a new decade I've done a bit of reflecting on the previous decades of my life.  Thought I'd do a little summary.

I was born in 1975, so the 70's were my pre-school years.  I don't remember much, but I lived in Indiana, Ohio, California, and Idaho in those years.

The 80's were my childhood!  I started Kindergarten in 1980 and I started high school in 1989.  After attending 5 different elementary schools, I was able to go to only 1 junior high and 1 high school.  My parents got a divorce and we moved to Nevada.  A couple of years later my mother remarried.  I finally became a sister 3 months before my 9th birthday and had all 4 of my siblings join our fam in this decade.

The 90's had the most change.  I graduated from high school.  I moved to Utah, where I graduated from college.  I got married.  My father got remarried and I got 4 new siblings.  I had a miscarriage.  We moved to England for Leonard's Master's degree.

The 2000's saw family growth and more moves to foreign countries.  After 3 years of fertility treatments we had our twins!  Several years later we had 2 more babies join us.  We moved to Canada, we moved to Taiwan, we moved back to Canada and bought our first house.

The 2010's saw more family growth with 3 more babies joining our fam and another foreign move to India.  We also sold our first home and built our second home.

Now we're in 2020 and I can't even believe it!  I am hoping one more sweet baby will join our family, but half of our children will also leave the nest this decade.  Before this decade is through I hope to have children-in-law and grandchildren as well!  I hope we will get to travel to see our extended families often and I hope we can plan reunions with our own children after they start lives of their own.  I hope we can travel to more continents.  I hope we can develop our talents and bless the lives of others.  Here's hoping this decade will be a blast!

*I got this from Facebook, but it has a typo.  It should say millennia, not millennias, ha ha!

No comments: