As I've mentioned before, Kaleb has been blessed with musical talent. His favorite instrument is the piano. In 7th grade we bought a keyboard from a friend that was moving and he started teaching himself how to play. He stuck with it, so in 8th grade we put him in piano lessons and bought a keyboard with all 88 keys. Unfortunately, that one got ruined coming back from India, but I'm grateful that we were able to replace it.
I love to hear him play, particularly his own compositions.
After starting with the alto sax, then learning the trumpet, he finally settled on the tener sax and got his own in 10th grade.
He doesn't play it as often (mainly because he keeps it at school for his extracurricular band class), but his sound is smooth!
He got a guitar for Christmas in 11th grade.
This has been a bit more challenging to teach himself, mainly because it's hard to find good books for it.
He's constantly bringing home new instruments from school, (either his band teachers' or his friends') and teaching himself how to play them. I wish I had a photo of every instrument he's brought home...
...but pics of this recorder (can you believe it?) will have to suffice.
Kaleb, I hope you always play music!
No comments:
Post a Comment