Thursday, January 9, 2020

It's Intuitive

Our public library has musical instruments you can check out, including violins.  I think this is amazing!  After a long wait, it was Kaleb's turn with a violin.  The second day he had it I heard him playing A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief.  I was so shocked I ran upstairs to make sure I was hearing correctly.  He wasn't quite ready to perform in a recital, but he was playing a song that I could recognize after ZERO violin lessons!  I asked him if he was using piano sheet music or what?  He was playing the notes from memory.  I asked how he knew where those notes were on the violin.  His answer, "It's just intuitive."  Yeah, it's just intuitive to pick up a new instrument (a very hard one at that) and start making music on it.  Kaleb brought this musical gift from heaven with him when he was born.  I hope he will continue to learn more and develop his talent all throughout his life!




No comments: