Thursday, March 6, 2008

American Born Chinese


I finally got to read this book! I saw parts of the movie on TV and was intrigued with the story. I tried renting it at the Blockbuster here, and they didn't have it- go figure. So for Christmas, this was one of the books I got. For those of you who don't know the story it is about 4 female Chinese immigrants and 4 of their American born daughters. I really enjoyed it and now I really want to see the whole movie!

Since we found out we were moving to Taiwan (back in 2004) I have been rather fascinated with Chinese Culture. I've read several different books on my Chinese theme that I've enjoyed, and since I'm a list maker I want to list them here:

The Good Earth- Pearl S. Buck
The Keys of the Kingdom- A.J. Cronin
Wild Swans- Jung Chang
Bound- Donna Jo Napoli
The Ugly American- William Lederer & Eugene Burdick
The Hundred Secret Senses- Amy Tan

I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have had to experience another culture. I hope I am a better person because of it.

No comments: