Friday, March 21, 2008

Bunco, Bunko, Bonko


Last night was our Bunco night and it was a total blast! I want to take another trip down Memory Lane though. Our first 2 years of marriage, I was a part of a monthly Bunco group with the ladies I worked with at the courthouse. During our 3 years in Canada, I was a part of the Chapel Hill Ward's book group. Leslie always invites me to her monthly scrapbook night when I'm home visiting too. But after 2 years in Taiwan, I was really missing having a regular Ladies Night out. As shy as I am I decided to do something about it. In November we had our first meeting at Coldstone (their ice cream is just so good!), but only 4 ladies were able to join. That's one thing that's hard here- many husbands have to go out of town for work, so the wives have to stay home with the kids. It's not as "stable" as an environment like I'm used to from home. We skipped December (there's always enough festivities to keep us hoppin'). In January we planned to have a scrapbook night. 5 ladies were able to come this time and we ended up just going to Coldstone again and doing some shopping. For February we had a book group on "Twilight." We had 6 ladies make it out to this one, and we decided to have a monthly book group in addition to our other ladies nights. Last night we had March's and we played Bunco. Thank you Amanda for hosting and for the wonderful dinner. We had 12 participants!!! (OK, we only had 11 ladies, but Brandon was a good sport and joined us so we could have an even 12 to play-he even won for most buncos). I had a total blast and from all the hootin' and hollerin' I think everyone did! We decided to have a monthly Bunco night now too. I'm so excited! Now I'll get 3 ladies night's out a month- wahoo!


Lori did the wonderful prizes for: most buncos, highest points, last person with a natural bunco, and the booby prize for the lowest points. She also did a prize for the most average points, and I won that one- wahoo! I got a sweet little photo album covered in Chinese silk and this beautiful plant. Apparently, it's called a pumpkin flower. It kind of reminds me of an orchid, but each petal is like a little balloon. I love it!

Next month Courtney's hosting our regular ladies night and we're going to do jewelry making, I'm so excited for that too. I'm so glad more Ladies have been able to participate and host and have fun evenings together. Thank you Leonard for supporting me with my need to be social!

No comments: