Leonard and I have been up since about 1:00 this morning taking care of all 3 of our sick babies. By dawn the bug had bitten me too. I've spent a miserable day battling my umpteenth fever of this past year. I swear when I was nursing Gavin I had mastitis every other month. Today I've also been battling the stomach flu. I seriously think I've caught every strain of this nasty virus the past year too. I must have the immune system the size of a flea's. Luckily, the kids are all starting to feel better now, so hopefully by tomorrow morning I will be too. Leonard was great and took the day off of work to take care of all of us. My only fear is that he will come down with it tomorrow. I hope not! I'm ready for some healthy days. I think I've filled my quota of illness for the next five years- ha!
Even though my body was reeling with the aches and pains associated with the flu, I was able to slowly but steadily finish our book for book group this month. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon translated by Lucia Graves. It was an interesting story with multiple plots and subplots. There was a bit of profanity and a few racy scenes to just skim over, but the characters were very rich and I loved feeling the human connection with the book. I would be hesitant to recommend it to those who only like wholesome books, but if you can overlook a few paragraphs here and there it was an enjoyable mystery to unravel. Here's to healthier days and happy reading!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment