I learned this poem back in 6th grade and somehow it's stuck with me all these years. I thought it was appropriate to share today, so here goes:
One bright day in the middle of the night
Two dead men got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other
Drew their swords and shot each other
One deaf policeman heard this noise
And he came and killed these boys
If you don't believe this lie that's true
Ask the blind man he saw it too!
Back when I was a freshman at BYU I had the funnest April fool's day of my life. After I woke up and showered I went to get dressed. My roommates had taken ALL of my clothes out of my closet. I walked down to the kitchen to see what was up and there they all were eating breakfast wearing my clothes, I just had to laugh. That afternoon our FHE sisters (who were also our best friends) came over and stole all of our silverware. I'll never forget the image of Melissa eating a bowl of cereal with a huge ladle. Later on Diane scooped out the cream from OREO's and replaced it with white toothpaste. She then went around sharing with everyone (luckily her roommates were spared her generosity- but now I love the new mint OREO's!) The best joke though was from later that night. Len and I were going out on a date. He normally picked me up at my dorm, but I offered to meet him at his dorm as I had made him a chocolate cake that I wanted to drop off there. I arrived in his lobby with a plate holding an upside down circle cake pan slathered in thick creamy chocolate frosting. Len came down, started drooling at the sight of the cake, and took it back upstairs to his room. He came back down and we started our date. I kept waiting for him to say something about his cake, but he never did. After our date he walked me back home, then headed back to his place. About 5 minutes later I get a phone call and he says, "I bet you think you're so funny!" Yep, I did. He was so anxious to sink into his cake, but his fork struck metal and that was the end of that. He said he did scrape all of the frosting off the pan though. So he sort of got a treat still. Fun memories!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
1 comment:
Jen - how funny - I don't remember this at all! Why have I blocked that out? :)
Post a Comment