

My favorite Easter Eggs- blue, pink, and green!
We had a great Easter weekend! On Saturday we went to the Hedquist's super fun Easter party. The kids had so much fun at the Easter egg hunt, and the ham dinner was such a treat! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. We had a full day that started with a birthday party, Kaleb & Len's basketball game, and then the Easter party. My original plan was to go home and get it before hand, but we ended up not having time. I'm sad to say that this was my kids' very first Easter egg hunt. We'll have to do it again next year, and I won't forget my camera!
Sunday morning the kids were happy to discover that the Easter bunny had come! He brought some candy eggs, some new clothes, some books, and some little toys. I had wanted to take some pictures outside with the pretty spring flowers, but it had rained and was too soggy out. Hopefully we'll get another chance before it gets too hot out.
We had a beautiful sacrament meeting full of Easter music and narration. I am so grateful for that first Easter morn that brought the miracle that we can all be resurrected and forgiven of our sins. I'm reminded of a saying, "without Easter there would be no point to Christmas." I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me...
After church we were fortunate again, to have another delicious ham dinner at the Buhler's. I really miss our extended family, especially during the holidays. Easter snuck up on me this year and I just wasn't prepared to invite anyone over here. I'm grateful for the sweet friends we have that invited us into their lovely homes. Spending time with our family and friends is what makes the holidays special for me.
This is a little craft I taught at last year's Enrichment meeting. I pulled out my old school scrapbook and tole painting supplies and was happy to get it done last year. This year I looked at it some more and I think it's kind of cute. Now I want to go back to IKEA and get more plain frames and make one up for each of the holidays. Another project?! I'll get it done eventually! I hope you all had a very happy Easter!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment