After living in Canada for over a decade, we decided we needed to start celebrating the day actually like Thanksgiving. We usually spent the day hiking through the gorgeous fall leaves and saved the feasting for American Thanksgiving. We invited the Montminy family over to enjoy turkey with cranberries, rolls, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, corn, and Rita's delicious brussels sprouts. We also had sparkling cider, and of course pumpkin pie with whipped cream. I didn't get any pictures of dessert, nor of all of us! We did go around the table though and had everyone share one serious and one silly thing they were thankful for this year. I recorded everyone's answers in my journal, but don't feel like sharing them here since I missed the pictures, boo.
The realtor who helped us buy our home almost 10 years ago, brought us these gorgeous mums in honor of the day. At least I got a picture of them, ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment