I love decorating for Christmas! It takes me days as we have some decor on every floor of our house (although I don't have decor in every room, like I have in the past). Our home will never be featured in a decor magazine and that is just fine with me. I buy those magazines and the rooms are gorgeous. However, they are always impersonal and that makes them feel somewhat cold to me. Everything about our decor is personal and sentimental and that is why I love it so!
Our main tree all decked out in red, gold, and green. I love adding our new Hallmark ornament every year (please read the next post and vote for Macy's new ornament!).
Besides ornaments, I have two other favorite Christmas collections- our nativity scenes and our Santas. Here are a few new nativities. I had these exact same figurines without the buildings. When I discovered the buildings I had to buy the new set. I love how the pieces fit inside the buildings like puzzle pieces.
This mismatched nativity is so adorable to me as I love the story book that comes with it.
We bought this nativity set while we lived in India, but this is the first year we were able to display it.
We sadly lost our monthly holiday/seasonal Little People sets in our move back from India. We couldn't replace them all, but we had to replace our two Christmas ones. Thank you Amazon for letting me find these treasures.
Of course, the characters in these sets are different than our original ones, but we are so happy to have another Little People Nativity scene and Santa village. My kids play with these every single day of the Christmas season.
I didn't buy any new Santas this year, except for...
...this advent calendar one. Since we lost ours I was on the hunt for a new one, but found two! I loved this one that we counted down the days until Christmas with.
I also loved this one where we added a mini-ornament to the tree each day.
I love Jim Shore's creations!
I also love mini-ornaments!
It's crazy to think that next year we'll have a new banister to hang ornaments from!
These carolers were a childhood favorite of mine, and one year my mom gave them to me. I think they're the cutest!
Nine stockings!! Our mantel is too small! Although, you can't even see our fireplace as it's hidden by the coffee table from the living room that was moved into the family room to make room for the tree.
Every year I hang the Christmas cards we receive up and down our hallway. This is the card and photo we sent out this year. You can read the newsletter HERE.
One day we will have Christmas lights on our house. For now, I love the ornaments and wreaths we hang over our front porch and garage.
Our Winter Wonderland tree in our master bedroom.
"let it SNOW"
"some of my best friends are FLAKES"
Our Candyland tree in our basement.
With some friends from the North and South poles.
Many things I make don't turn out as well as I'd like, but I think these three guys turned out pretty cute!
Look at the joy on her face.
This is why I decorate!
No comments:
Post a Comment