For our fourth Tuesday activity, we crossed the river and headed to Quebec to finally visit the Mackenzie King Estate. Even though the museums, cottages, and restaurants were closed, it didn't disappoint. I found my dream home here in Canada!!
We started at the guest houses near the lake. I love these pretty coral flowers hanging in baskets everywhere.
This is the biggest guest house, there were at least five. I was just smitten with their yellow, green, and white color scheme. Many dignitaries were hosted here, including Winston Churchill.
We walked down to the lake and had a little peek. I wouldn't mind playing there.
Macy thought it looked like a great place to play too.
We walked up through the woods to find the actual summer residence of Canada's longest prime minister, William Lyon Mackenzie King.
We found it and it is the most charming home I have ever seen! It is now a tea room where you can enjoy a delicious meal (once corona virus leaves us). I can't wait to go back and eat there!
*On the south side of the house is Cafe Pat that sells ice cream. I heard on the radio that it had opened back up, so we were so excited to have a little treat. Unfortunately, I didn't hear on the radio that it is only open Thursdays-Sundays, so it was closed when we were there. That's okay, we made a stop at Dairy Queen on our way home.
Now these are the kind of snowballs I like!
I would love to have an estate like this, so when my kiddos are all grown up, they can come back each summer with their kiddos for glorious family reunions.
Moving around to the west side of the home. I loved the green and white striped awnings!
On this side of the yard were the perfectly manicured gardens and we found more purple flowers to love.
The end of the fancy garden leads into a more rustic garden with this "window" to the woods.
Looking at the house from the east side.
Can I please spend a few hours on this gorgeous porch?
No comments:
Post a Comment