Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Belated Epiphany Feast

 We had planned to celebrate Epiphany on its day- January 6th.  Unfortunately, we were really sick then and some very kind friends brought us over a delicious dinner anyway.  We postponed it to January 14th and what a day that turned out to be!  Early in the morning I woke up and went to the bathroom.  When I pulled my underclothes up I noticed they were really wet in the front.  I was worried that my water broke, so I called the hospital.  They said to come and they'd check me.  Nope!  False alarm, baby is sealed in tightly, but now the whole world knows I peed my pants in my sleep, ha!  Also, Kaleb was asked to speak at church that day.  More good friends took him, so he could complete his assignment, but I felt terrible having to miss it!  I heard he did a great job though and I am very pleased with his efforts!  Noé babysat the rest of the kids for us while we were gone and they had a pajama day.  Once we were all back home, Leonard cooked this amazing feast for us.  Usually, we all pitch in and help, but this year Len was a superstar (he always is!) and prepared everything for the rest of us.  After we ate, we went around the table and said 2 things that we are thankful for since we missed doing this at Thanksgiving.

 Kaleb- Getting to live in India;
Having more opportunities for fun with my friends in Canada.

 Teague- Getting to own the stuff we did before it got destroyed (what a little sweetheart, not sad that all of it is gone now, but happy we got to enjoy it while we had it!);
The egg that went "bleh" on Fuller House (he is so funny!).

 Hiram- Everybody (bless his heart!);
Goomba (his stuffy from Mario Bros.).

 Leonard- Macy joining our family soon, and how her arrival made me reevaluate life;
Central Heating.

 Gavin- My wonderful family that I care for and cares about me (my kids are so sweet!);
Learning how to do the dab (ha ha!).

 Ali- My cousins and puppies;
Chocolate.

 Noé- My family and friends;
Being able to eat beef again.

 Jennifer- That our family is reunited again and about to become 9 members strong;
That we are back in our home and were able to do the repairs and renovations it needed for us to be comfortable living in it again.

We picked up a French Silk pie for dessert and it was divine!  Afterwards, we sang Christmas carols for 2 hours.  How lucky am I to have a family that wants to sing Christmas carols together for 2 hours?!  I love my family so much and am so thankful for them!!

No comments: