This was our AirBnB home for 5 weeks as we transitioned back to Canada (ie: waited for our tenants to leave our house, and then renovated our house, etc.).
The new entrance is at the back of the house.
Yes, we did wear these slippers- the floors were so cold!
Nothing says "Welcome" like a laundry room, ha!
I LOVED this collection of old photographs of the property!
The little downstairs bathroom.
The eat-in kitchen.
I liked this collection of blue and white plates.
And I loved the old vent covers in all the rooms!
The living room.
The dining room (where I wrote out our Christmas cards this year).
The original entrance to the house.
(There is now an addition with a newer front entrance, but that room was closed off, not for our use.)
The staircase to the upper floors.
At the top of the stairs was a good-sized hall and little sitting area.
Next to the sitting area is this addition, which quickly became the play room for the kids. (It was the warmest room in the house!). It also mirrors the addition downstairs that was off limits to us.
Originally, this was Len's and my room, however it soon became Hiram and Ali's room, just with our clothes in it.
Gavin and Teague's room.
Hiram and Ali's room turned Len and Jen's room (with Hiram and Ali's clothes in it). See that door? Yeah, it went to an unfinished room that had an unfinished staircase that led to an unfinished room on the main floor. I was too spooked to have my little ones sleep in here. We were also not permitted to the basement or attic. That's why I thought of this place as part charming country cottage and part spooky haunted mansion, ha!
The upstairs bathroom.
Another thing I LOVED- these old doorknobs with skeleton keyholes.
Now let's go outside. I have a thing for barns, and seeing this beauty every day made me smile. When this was an operating farm they raised pigs. I would much prefer to have this barn full of horses! And maybe some cows and chickens. And of course, we'd need bees!
The front of the property had its own little forest to create privacy from the road.
A nice pool if it was summer time!
A cute little shed that I imagined as a playhouse for the kiddos.
Another barn towards the back of the property.
A really old out building containing an old Cadillac, claw foot tub, and some metal contraption that looked like a torture device, ha!
The farmland at the south of the property looking west.
And another shot looking east. I LOVED having all of this space!! And I would love to be able to grow my own grains, fruits, vegetables, and lots of flowers. I don't know a thing about farming, but I dream of living that life!
An old tree swing whose rope has cut into the tree as it has grown over the years.
The old windmill. I would have loved to have seen it when it had all of its blades, but I'm glad we didn't need to use it to pump water from the well. There is a romance to old places, but there is a convenience to new ones! If only we could have the best of both!
No comments:
Post a Comment