Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Happy Birthday America!

Happy 241st Birthday America!
(I love this wreath my friend Tauni made!)

 It has been too long that we've celebrated the 4th of July in America, so I had to get us all celebratory shirts this year!

 I took pics of all the kids in their festive new shirts...

 ...and holding flags.  However, Ali couldn't just hold them she should have been in a parade she was having such a great time twirling them!








 My handsome nephews also joined in on the fun!

Summers with cousins are the best!
 
We enjoyed the day and that night Dad and I took the big kiddos to the fairgrounds to watch the huge fireworks display.  It was amazing!  Again, it's been too long that I've watched an awesome fireworks show up close and personal.  Four days later was Eagle Fun Days and we got to watch more fireworks then and finally lit off all the ones Dad and Grandad bought.  It was so fun!

On a side note, this year was Canada's 150th birthday and they had huge celebrations in Canada and around the world (Leonard was busy helping with the big party in Mumbai).  We celebrated in our own small way- by making poutine (french fries, cheese curds, and gravy) for lunch.  If you haven't tried it, you should!

Happy Birthday to both Canada and the USA!

No comments: