Monday, January 20, 2014

Baby #6

For my birthday I wished to have one more baby.  About a month later I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.  Ten days after that I woke up at 2:00 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep.  I was really hoping I was pregnant, so I got up a took another test.  This time it was positive!!  I was so excited!  I went back to bed and whispered in Len's ear the good news.  He was just so thrilled too.  We thought that we'd keep it a secret for a while, then do a cool announcement to add to our Christmas cards.

It was so hard keeping it a secret from the kids!  In fact, after school Noe asked me, "So do you have anything important to tell me?"  I started laughing so hard, thinking some how she had found out.  But she played it cool and so did I.  In the end, she was talking about something entirely different.  That night we went to Meet the Teacher night, and I bet they thought it was odd we asked to have a picture taken before.

I took another pregnancy test the next week, and another one the week after that.  I really wanted to make sure I was pregnant!

At about this same time, the nausea hit- and it hit hard!  I had given up on the cute Christmas announcement idea and just decided we should tell everyone then.  What happens?  Our phones go out!  Are you kidding me?  So, I just whipped up a little sign and posted it on facebook.  Family and friends, please forgive me for sharing the news this way, but I was SO sick!!!

We wanted to tell the kids in a fun way, so Len went to the party store and bought this darling balloon.

All of the kids were so excited with the good news!  (Well, maybe not Hiram yet, he enjoys being the baby now, tee hee.)  Noe was probably the most thrilled, and so convinced that the baby is a girl.  I am so lucky to have my family!

No comments: